Water rates are an investment in the water District today to secure our water future. Revenues derived from water rates ensure the continuity of operations and reliable delivery of water to the community we serve. As an example, water rates pay for:
- Pumping and treatment of local groundwater
- Maintain, repair, and replacement of critical infrastructure, such as pipes, pumps, groundwater wells, monitoring wells, storage tanks, seawater intrusion wells, and the Pure Water Soquel advanced water purification treatment center
- Maintaining 168.5+ miles of water pipelines to ensure water delivery to homes, businesses, schools, parks, etc
- Water for fire protection
- Hiring and retaining highly skilled, qualified, and licensed staff to operate the water system and provide respective and responsive customer service.