- Bulk Water
Soquel Creek Water District does not issue fire hydrant meters; you must use one of the two bulk water stations for construction water.
Download the Bulk Water Handout (PDF)
SMARTCARD TERMINAL LOCATIONS & HOURS OF OPERATION
The Soquel Creek Water District bulk water stations are located at the following locations and the hours of operation are 7:00 am – 7:00 pm:
- Main Street & E. Walnut Street, Soquel
- West Bel Mar & Mar Monte Overcrossing, La Selva Beach
There is a Smartcard terminal at each station. To gain access, customers must fill out a bulk water permit and purchase a key and a prepaid access card.
Bulk water permit holders can pick up a terminal access key and a Smartcard programmed with a prepaid cash balance at the District office at 5180 Soquel Drive. Call 831-475-8500 option 3 to make an appointment to pick one up.
BULK WATER FEES
- Bulk Water Smartcard: $10
- Access Key: $15
- Bulk Water Charges: $55.11 per 1,000 gallons
USING THE BULK WATER SMARTCARD TERMINAL
- Use the terminal access key to open the terminal panel and access the Water Purchase Center. Insert pre-programmed Smartcard into the card slot to activate bulk water dispensing system, arrow end first with gold chip side up.
- To dispense water, connect the hose from the wharf head spigot to the water truck. Insert the Smartcard into the card slot on the Water Purchasing Center as instructed on the display screen. The card should be inserted with the arrow facing in and the gold chip facing up.
- The display screen will reflect the beginning balance on the Smartcard before any water is dispensed.
- At the screen prompt, enter the volume of water you wish to purchase in gallons, followed by the # sign. If a mistake is made, press the * key to clear the screen and re-enter the volume. When satisfied, press the # key again to confirm the volume as instructed on the screen.
- To begin dispensing water, press the green Start button. Open the wharf head spigot with a spanner wrench to the desired flow.
- If it is necessary to stop the flow of water, press the red Stop button. The water flow will be cut off, and the dollar value of water that was not dispensed will be reimbursed to the Smartcard.
- Once the requested amount of water has been dispensed, the terminal will display the balance remaining on the Smartcard. At this point, the card can be removed. Close the spigot, replace the cap, and lock the terminal panel.
Bulk Water Terminal Instructions in Pictures
1. Insert Smartcard arrow end with gold chip side up to activate system.
2. Display shows Smartcard balance prior to transaction.
3. Enter the amount of water to be dispensed in gallons.
4. Press the green Start button to begin dispensing water.
5. Once the ending balance has been displayed the card can be removed.
BULK WATER REGULATIONS
- Persons illegally taking water from fire hydrants are subject to prosecution under Penal Code 488, punishable by fine not exceeding $1,000 and 6 months imprisonment or both.
- It is unlawful for a bulk water permit holder to resale water for construction or related purposes for more than the District rate.
- Use a spanner wrench to open and close spigot slowly when necessary at the bulk water stations.
- Once a Smartcard is programmed with a prepaid balance, the card has the security equivalent of cash. If the card is lost, stolen or damaged in some way the balance on the card is not retrievable. The District assumes no liability for the replacement of lost, stolen or damaged cards.