2020 Virtual Water Harvest Festival
3rd Annual Water Harvest Festival Schedule - October 24, 2020
- 10 am - Welcome by Soquel Creek Water District
- 10:05 am - Tutorial on WaterSmart Customer Portal (Live Demo) - 10 minute demo, 10 minutes for questions by Soquel Creek Water District
- 10:30 am - Watsonville Magical Water Story by City of Watsonville
- 10:35 am - What is Seawater Intrusion by Soquel Creek Water District
- 10:40 am - Rain Harvesting by San Lorenzo Lumber and Home Centers
- 10:45 am - Community Water Plan by Soquel Creek Water District
- 10:50 am - Reducing Plastic Trash in Our Water by County of Santa Cruz
- 10:55 am - Think and Drink: Water Sustainability
- 11 am - Groundwater by San Lorenzo Valley Water District and Scotts Valley Water District
- 11:10 am - Landscape Transformation Workshop (Live Demo) by Ecology Action. Whether you are starting with a lawn, a "lawn," bare soil, or a patch of weeds, this workshop will inspire you with practical information for how to start and complete your Monterey Bay-Friendly Landscape transformation project! We'll cover site preparation with sheet mulching, templates for planting plans, converting your sprinkler system to drip irrigation, harvesting rainwater in the landscape, and rebates and grants available for your project.
- 1 pm - Exploring Our Water Footprints (Live Demo) by Eat for Earth. This will be an interactive workshop with group games, short video(s), presentation, and links to resources.
- 2:15 pm - Water Neutral Gardens (Live Demo) by Love's Garden. This workshop will feature short videos of various components of water-neutral gardens, including greywater, rainwater harvesting, native plantings, and more. Live participants will have the opportunity to have their questions answered.
For any questions you may have over the event, email Becca Rubin, Community Outreach Coordinator, or call 831-475-8500, ext. 118.