- Water Bill
- Pay Your Bill
Pay Your Bill
About Your Bill
Your water service is billed every month. Bills are usually mailed, but you can sign up for paperless billing. You can change your bill delivery options at any time in WaterSmart.
Payment is due by the due date shown on your bill. Accounts paid after the due date will be charged a $10 late fee. In order to avoid the late fee, your payment must be received by the office by 5 pm on the due date. You will receive a courtesy call 2 days before the due date to remind you to pay your bill. Courtesy call notifications can be turned off for customers who have signed up for bill notifications in WaterSmart.
If you don't receive your bill please let us know immediately. For questions regarding your bill, call our billing department at 831-475-8500, Option 3, or email the billing department.
To see our current Rates and Service Fees, visit the Rates and Fees page.
Ways to Pay Your Bill
There are a number of convenient ways to pay your bill through WaterSmart:
- Pay online - You an pay your bill online through WaterSmart
- Pay by text - You need to set up this option in WaterSmart
- AutoPay - Payments made through Auto Pay will be charged to your bank or credit card on your due date. Set up autopay in WaterSmart. Call our office at 831-475-8500, option 3, if you need help setting up AutoPay.
- Phone - Call 831-475-8500, Option 2, to make a payment with a credit card or bank account.
- Mail - Mail your payment to:
P.O. Box 1550
Capitola, CA 95010
- DropBox - The District has two drop box locations at our office at 5180 Soquel Drive. One is near the front entrance and the other is in the parking lot behind our office. No cash, please. If your bill is late, payments left in the dropbox may not reach us in time to avoid shut off.
- Walk-in - Payments may be made at the District office at 5180 Soquel Drive during regular business hours. Hours are:
Tuesday – Friday: 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM, 1:30–4:00 PM
Paying Through Your Bank
If you pay your bills through your bank website, the payment may not arrive in time to avoid late fees or shut off. Make sure to pay your bill at least a week ahead of time if you are using your bank’s bill pay service. A $25 fee is charged for all returned payments.
What if I Can't Pay My Bill?
Payment plans are available for customers who are having difficulty paying their bill. Call 831-475-8500, option 3, if you need to set up a payment plan or if you just need a couple of extra days to pay your bill.
District Collection Policy
The Water Shutoff Protection Act (California Senate Bill 998) requires agencies to provide customers with a written collection policy on shutting off water service if bills are not paid.